Sometimes....................ok, A LOT of the time I wonder why I even bother picking up toys, or vacuuming or mopping. It never stays clean for long and then looks like I never did it.
Case in point....................I cleaned up the playroom last night so that I could vacuum and then I was mopping and Roman comes home and goes "What's for dinner?"...........I'm thinking I don't know, what ever you're making...........I'm kind of busy here.........anyway, so my point is that the room was clean. I emphasise WAS.......
Here's what it looked like this afternoon (and they had only played in there for an hour before her class and a short time after we got back from her class.) I had started lunch, but it was apparent that Carter was not going to make it...........he was already melting down. So, I changed the boys and laid them down and came to get the girls to wash their hands......and this is what I found. (I had already picked up the dress up that was all over the floor before we left.)
Sidney and Kendall had gotten into the craft drawer and had decided to paint.............without any paint brushes, or smocks on and to paint themselves and the table and floor..... (oh yeah.... she's used a sharpie on her table too.............and again when Daddy wasn't looking. I had done pretty good up to that point keeping her table in pretty good shape...........I even scraped off some whiteout with my nails when it wouldn't come off after trying a multitude of other things.)
Sidney had already gotten paint on her carpet before.................the "washable paint" that's not really washable. We definitely need to get the carpets cleaned!
I guess I need to find a tub/tote or something that locks that's out of the kids reach for the crafts...
I didn't even yell.............I just wanted to cry and I was just too exhausted............I wanted to just ignore it and go lay down, (I guess it didn't help that all I had to eat today was two bites of my granola bar and about 3/4 of my cup of coffee), but I needed to feed them and Sidney needed to take her quiet time in there..........so, I made the girls help me pick up the mess (after I picked up the paint)
I guess I should be thankful that they got at least a little of it on the paper......


1 comment:
This sounds like Patrick and crafts... yikes! I say rip out the carpet and put in those vinyl planks that look like wood. Super easy to clean. And YES, get a locking thing to put the paints in - I need to do that too.
Post a Comment