Monday, August 11, 2008

A Nice Weekend

Mommy had a pretty nice weekend this week.....

I decided that since I had been with the kids for three weeks by myself up in WA without a break that Mommy REALLY needed a break (I told Sidney that Mommy needed some time away, so that she could come back and be a better Mommy - and to work on my pictures - she understands that much better)................so, I got a hotel room and convinced my sister to come along for a "Mommy Weekend Away". It was nice......................we got to actually sleep through the night and sleep in.................we actually got to eat a hot meal........all at once and most importantly..............got to scrapbook! These little weekend retreats never quite seem long enough though. It's a tough decision...............do some pampering, like a long hot bath, actually file my nails (instead of all the jagged edges from just clipping them - if time allows.......it's usually just tearing them off when they chip, rip or break), you know - the stuff you never have time to do, or are just too exhausted to do after the kids are in bed and which would mean forgoing picking up the lovely mess the kids had made of the house all day; or to just scrapbook like a mad woman! I was soooooooo excited - I FINALLY got Carter up to 6 months old in his 1st album and am about to start the second one for his "first year of life". I almost have Cameron's up to 6 months also! Once I finish their first year albums, Sidney has two for her first year also, then I will go back and work on the family album that I started after Sidney turned 1. I'm still not very far in that one either, but working on only one at a time should make it go sooo much faster and hopefully I will get some more time away to work on getting that caught up. I have learned that I don't have to use EVERY picture that I have taken of my kids and I think I have slowed down a little with the picture taking recently............ok, maybe not, I just love taking pictures of my kids! Jenn and I agreed - what we really need is at least a week away! But then heaven help us when we come home...................toys that go upstairs are downstairs and vice versa...........and when Daddy isn't watching it's oh so fun to get into Mommy's closet and try on every pair of shoes she owns and to wear ALL of her jewelry and string it all over the house. (Ok, so it wasn't quite that bad - but toys everywhere and I kept finding my things in various parts of the house.)
So after some time playing in our community pool with Auntie and family and then trying to do a little picking up it's off to our Mother of Multiples Family Pool Party at a City pool. We almost didn't go because the kids were all tired and starting to melt down and it was getting late, but I was determined to go as Mommy's good friend was going to be there and I thought it would be nice to do more stuff with this group and hopefully get to know some of them better. Well, having three small children around water does not allow for much socializing for Mommy and Daddy, but it a nice adventure anyway. They had the zero depth entry, which is great for the boys and an area for young kids to climb on with a slide and water spraying everywhere with big wheels the kids could turn to adjust the flow of the water. It was pretty cool, but Sidney was kind of scared at first. Then she finally recognized a friend of her's (Mommy's friend's son - she has a son about Sidney's age and identical twin boys, like us, just about their age too) and they were off to explore together. The two sets of twins were playing quite well together too. It was very nice, I'm glad we eventually got there. Now hopefully, after a weekend of late nights (with the cousins here and Mommy not around to put her foot down) the kids are all quiet. After the story Sidney was out in like one minute - literally................so I kept on turning her fishy thing that plays music and makes kind of wave sounds back on as some white noise so that I could actually clean up her room. (She sleeps with her lamp on so I can see to pick things up.) You can bet that will last all of 30 seconds after she (or her brothers) wake up. Another one of those moments when Mommy was thinking why am I bothering to set up the track on the train table again????????? Oh yeah, because the kids have so much fun tearing it down!!!!
Ok, I need to get to bed.............

No comments: