When my husband comes home and asks me what I did today I want to be able to say "I spent time playing with our kids!"
Some days though......it seems like a futile effort.......I will try to clean something up and it seems like I can't even get one room picked up before one of my kids are destroying another room. Not even 5 seconds of clean..................literally! Sometimes they take things out of my hands as I'm trying to put them away. I feel like I should just follow behind them all day and just pick things up. The other day I was trying to get all of our clothes unpacked and put away (and going through the kids closets to see what we could get rid of and reorganizing them.) Here's a picture of our closet..................Sidney was "helping me organize the shoes I want to get rid of" while I was trying to put my clothes away.
Ok......Mommy has a bit of a shoe fetish...........some of them I've had for a looooong time.....and Mommy is going through a purging phase, so she's getting rid of the ones she doesn't wear. Sidney LOVES wearing Mommy's shoes!

Ok, I have a BIG jewelry fetish too.....................and Sidney loves to play with my jewelry too, so she got into that also while I was trying to put things away...............I still haven't put those away yet. (A lot of this more casual/costume jewelry came from Grandma Jo/Susan, who passed away last year......so even if it isn't that expensive, it means a lot to Mommy.)

Here's an example of Mommy's OCD behavior.......................I arranged the letters and numbers in order and even put them in rows, like when you sing the ABC song.........I thought maybe that would help Sidney learn them better...........but even while I was doing this I was thinking this is totally stupid..............it's not going to stay like this for even a minute! Yep, I was right...........when Sidney saw that I had rearranged them she was upset because they were holding her picture up before and she didn't like the magnet that was holding it up now. So much for Mommy's organizing efforts!
I should have taken a picture of the house yesterday...................I had my nieces and we had a baby playgroup here.......................you would have felt VERY good about how clean your house is!
One day I will get the video uploaded.........................sorry.....
1 comment:
I am soooo totally impressed you have all the letters and all the numbers for your Leap Frog Fridge Phonics. I rearranged mine the other day and was missing several - ugggh. I feel your pain about dishes - laundry - dishes - laundry - and picking up and it not staying that way for 5 seconds! I don't know the answer to how to get it all done - I guess we just get to have messy houses. But then again, if you are like me - it bothers you so much that it is messy that you feel guilty no matter what you do. Spend quality time with the kids and stress about what needs to be done - or spend time cleaning and cleaning the never ending messes and feel guilty about not spending time with the kids. We all need to be independently wealthy so we can hire help with the household chores. All you need now is a little puppy! HA!
I love reading your blog.
-Julie M
Post a Comment