She was her typical shy self at first, even though she's met her teacher before ....but when she said Kendall's right over there, off she went.
It was Uncle Jason's day to help out in the class, then he had to go to work....
she doesn't look too thrilled to be there does she?
I think she had a good time though, I think she's still not a 100%..............neither is anyone else in the family for that matter. She had diarrhea after lunch when we got home...........great!....one more child with it, just what Mommy needs. It seems like the boys are getting worse, not better. Cameron was already messy by the time we got to school and I hadn't gone anywhere in a couple of days, and with being so ill myself, I guess I forgot to repack the diaper bag. Yep..............NO DIAPERS!......of course I discover this only after I have taken Cameron's off and it's all rolled up and ready to go in the nearest receptacle I can find. Luckily, I had put a pull up in Sidney's emergency clothes that we leave at school so I had Uncle Jason go grab that for me since I couldn't just leave Cameron, bare bum and all, on the changing table. Poor guy.................his bum is soooooooo raw! Luckily, I keep a couple of the disposable washcloths in the diaper bag, as his skin can't tolerate wipes right now. I thought we were ok and was going to try and make the new baby playgroup (although I guess they are not babies anymore.............Mommy needs to stop referring to them as that) since it was near the school and we haven't been able to attend many because they started the new one up while we were in WA, but when I went to put Carter in the van he was all wet................I was like What the heck? Yep, nasty poopy everywhere.............including on me now too! I was about to cry...................I finally found a rubber band to tie my hair back and was thinking What can I do? I didn't want his car seat to get completely nasty, so I unfolded the changing pad from the diaper bag and put it under him in the car seat. I know, you're not supposed to put anything under them in the car seat, but a Mom's got to do what a Mom's got to do! After such a rough morning I decided a little Starbucks treat was in order.................now trying to find one with a drive through can be a challenge here...........it's not like up in WA, where there's one on every corner. We finally get home and I unpack the boys, change Carter and it looks like Cameron is already assuming the poopy pose. "Ohhhhhh, for heavens sake boys!!!!!! Give Mommy a break!"
I'm not sure if he's done yet, but I don't want it to sit on his skin for any length of time because he's already so raw, so I decided to go quickly change the boys cribs....................yet again, (did I mention I hate changing crib sheets? Especially since the boys still have the bumpers on....it's such a PAIN!) I threw the nasty sheets and clothes in the wash and go back down and change Cameron.........I went to put a new pair of shorts on Carter and checked him one more time........AUGHHHHHHH, he needed to be changed AGAIN too. Now his bum is starting to get red too. By this point I have discovered that I am still not feeling quite 100%, but it's time to race back to the church and pick Sidney and Kendall up from school. Once home again, I feed the kids a quick lunch and lay the boys down. The girls are in a quiet time in the play room and have strict instructions for no screaming or fighting................and now I need to rest (oh, did I mention I hardly got any sleep last night?) I was up until after 10:00pm and of course, like usual, it takes me forever to fall to sleep.....then Sidney comes in at lord only knows what time, like 3am or something and actually goes over to Daddy's side of the bed for a change.......he pulls her in bed with us instead of taking her back to her room and for some reason, I always end up with the smallest slice of the bed it seems. After about an hour or more I decided to try and carry her back to her bed. She woke up, but fell back to sleep after a few minutes. I had heard one of the boys fussing a bit, so I just had to go in and check on him to ease my mind, or I was never going back to sleep.........I'm glad I did, Cameron was.......you guessed it.................POOPY! I had to completely change his jammies and Carter was awake too. I tried to rock him in the glider for a couple of minutes (which needs to be cleaned too, by the way. Who ever invents stuff for kids rooms without removable, washable covers obviously have never had any kids....................) Anyway, the boys aren't settling down, so I go downstairs and get them some milk, while they are screaming the whole time.......that seems to do the trick, but now I'm awake...........as I lay in bed I'm thinking, Ok, grab the checkbook to pay for school, grab the camera, grab the stickers for Sidney's page, look up where there is a Starbucks close to Sidney's school (never got around to that one).) I was awake for sooooooooo long, I thought I might as well just get up now. I heard Roman's alarm clock go off like 4 times and finally fell back to sleep and didn't even hear my own alarm clock go off, so once again..............no shower for Mommy! That's when Sidney came in and the race began......
No comments:
Post a Comment