Thursday, September 25, 2008

No Rest for the Weary

I'm not sure what's up with Sidney......................we try to get her in bed by 8:00pm each night, even a little earlier the other night, but she doesn't go to sleep until after 9:00pm. And she doesn't stay in her room, or play in her bed......................she keeps coming out and coming out........she wants Roman or me to lay down with her. I've started to sit on the stool beside her bed and hold her hand, not lay on the bed after the first time and she will fall asleep then. Then Mommy just kind of stares off into space, watching tv and the news, trying to build up the energy to get ready for bed, as she's too tired to do anything. She has been waking up EVERY single night for almost 2 months, usually between 1am & 4am and then we have to go lay down with her again.........................and she is up before 7am every day........... a lot of times it's closer to 6am! She won't take a nap, and if she does she will be up until after 10:00pm. I have a couple of books on kids sleeping habits, but who has time to read?
ANDDDDDD she is being more of her disastrous self than usual lately...............especially when Kendall is here. They are into everything, doing what they know their not supposed to do and destroying the house..........................I just can't keep up! (If they call it the terrible twos, then what do they call the threes?)
Mommy is really dragging these days.............................a shower is a must this morning to wake up and get ready for a busy day..........................what's the saying?...................you can rest when you are dead.
I don't think even caffeine directly into the vein would help...................

1 comment:

Julie said...

Jules,
Ask her dr. if you can give her melatonin for sleep. Patrick takes it and it helps him fall asleep much much faster - usually within 30 mins rather than 2 hours! He also stays asleep the whole night. I usually give him 3 mg, sometimes I just give him half. It comes in 1 mg also.