Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Boys New Accomplishments

Carter and Cameron are now walking up and down the stairs while holding on to my hand. Sidney tries to get them to go down with her too, which I'm not so sure about, but they won't do it usually. They actually are doing quite well, even though they won't use their other hand to hold onto the wall. It's funny, they don't want to go down the stairs backwards, on their bellies any more...........they will stand at the top of the stairs and whine until I go up there and help them down............and if I'm already taking one down the other one stands there and sobs, like I'm abandoning him or something.....I keep telling them that Mommy will be right back, but they keep on until they see me coming back up the stairs.
Cameron...... and some times Carter will go to their chairs, after I was their hands and I tell them to "go get in their seats". Cameron will go straight to his booster chair and try to climb up into it.
Carter also now says "Good Job". (Something Mommy tells them a lot.) It's not as clear as Cameron's "Thank you", but it's there. Also, tonight when I was dishing them up ice cream Carter signed please when I asked him to. He does it how Sidney used to do it......instead of in a circle, he just drags his hand across his chest. He did it over and over. He was sooooooo excited for ice cream (the Dad's too the girls out to ice cream - my nieces are here on Saturdays), and Mommy was sooooooo excited he signed something!!!!!!! I think that was the first time they have return signed something to me......they didn't pick it up like Sidney did. .....I think they are picking up other words now too, but it's hard to understand. I think Cameron is trying to say "Sidney" sometimes and it sounded like one of them actually said all done tonight. I think it may have been Cameron. It's funny at how amazed we parents get over their accomplishments.

No comments: