I can't believe how much the kids are advancing this summer.........Sidney has been watching her "Letter Factory" video that goes over each letter in upper and lower case and does their sounds and she now knows almost the whole alphabet without thinking about it......she was doing a dot-to-dot book up in WA with letters instead of numbers and she had no problem doing them all by herself.....she was even singing the alphabet song while she was doing it. She even knows how to spell her name now and which letters are in her brother's names and Daddy's too! She likes me to open a word doc up so she can practice writing everyone's name over and over and over. She is really learning her numbers too......she liked to dial Daddy and her cousins from my cell phone when we were up in WA and she can count up pretty high.......like into the 40's. It's cute, sometimes she will skip a number and she calls thirty "firty".....which sounds an awful lot like forty, but she knows which number she's trying to say. Her vocabulary is expanding too......she says things that just blow me away......and is always saying "Thank you Mother".....and just today at the pool she called Roman "Father"........sounds kind of funny to me.......not Mommy and Daddy.......Mother and Father.......
The boys are really learning a lot too............I think they're picking up on it from their big sis! Carter and Cameron can count up to 10....and will keep going if I'm counting along with them......they love to count things and will just start counting on their own......the stairs, or their cars, or their grapes.......what ever. They recognize some of the numbers too......they have a seek and find book and have been pointing out more numbers to me too. I know that Carter knows the numbers 2 and 4.....and probably more too. He is even learning his letters and their sounds.....he just said "Kha, kha" this afternoon and he was looking at the K. They have been using the number/letter thing on the fridge quite a bit lately too that tells you what it is and it's sound. The boys were going to take a 2 1/2 y.o. preschool class this fall too, but they have to be potty trained........we try to sit them on the potty before the bath each night.....but they aren't ready......they will sit there for about 3 seconds and then say "all done". They can start mid year though if things progress......so we'll see how it goes. Cameron also likes to point out whenever he sees something with a "number" on it........and I forget if I've mentioned his new fascination with any truck.............and calls it "Daddy's truck, Daddy's truck!!"......then we actually saw a truck that looks exactly like Roman's.........and he didn't say a thing..............I got a chuckle out of that one. It's funny what they observe and pick up on......I started going to one of Sidney's classes a different way a few weeks ago......and usually if we are headed that direction we get on the freeway.............so when I go by the entrance, but don't get on they boys point and fuss and look at me like "Mom, you're supposed to go THAT way!!!"
A favorite movie of the kids this summer has been the movie "Cars".....we watched several times up in WA and I think the boys would like to watch it every afternoon while I make dinner if they could. We were watching it the other morning and Carter was reciting almost word for word the dialog..............and he always gasps and says "Oh no" just before something happens.
They are just amazing me every day.............I just wanted to let you know a few of their new things.............I'm pretty darn tired, so hopefully it makes sense...........
No comments:
Post a Comment