Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sickies



Things here in S family aren't getting much better..................everyone seems to be sharing so well ...........................and spreading around all the germs. Well, I think Cameron did have pink eye, but his must have been viral, because it's gotten much better. He had green, gunky, kind of puffy eyes for over a week, but they were never bloodshot. And after Roman spent all weekend in bed, he finally went to the Dr. yesterday after his co-workers said he should go get his eye checked out (never mind that his nurse-wife told him to go on Saturday when he had stabbing pain in his eye.......... but it seems that it has to come from someone else for him to believe it............tell me, is this just a male trait? Or is my husband just extremely stubborn?) Yep, he definitely has pink eye and has antibiotics now.
Carter is feeling much better now on his second antibiotic, back to his smiling self and was walking around quite a bit at Auntie's house after Sunday dinner.
Now, the really bad news...................... I think now Cameron has strep throat. He has a temp, is very fussy and lethargic.......................and we are going back to the Dr's office (for the third time in the past week!) They are starting to know us by name there..................they had just called again yesterday to check on Carter and make sure we knew that he had strep...........Grandma called it on Sunday when she said that Cameron looked pale and not well....... my nieces will be here later today, lets hope they (and Sidney) can manage to avoid getting sick.
I am just about to go crazy (I think I've been here before............actually, quite a bit lately)
Sick kids, hanging on me, a sick husband, a trashed house that if it ever does get cleaned only lasts for about 5 seconds, with sweltering heat.................it feels like a giant germ experiment bubble gone terribly wrong, that's about to explode! Should we just throw everything away and move? Preferably to somewhere where there is still a lot of sunshine, but I can live without the sweltering heat.............
Can you tell we are having our own pity party here this morning??????????

No comments: