Surprise, surprise................Sidney felt VERY warm today after her nap (that should have tipped me off right there, she hasn't taken naps since she was 2 - but I know she was up late in the evenings quite a bit lately and the girls - my nieces were here this weekend - got up at 4:30am on Sunday morning, so I figured she was just a little sleep deprived) so I took temperature......102.5, so I call the Dr's office and I took her in this afternoon. Yep, strep throat! Part of me is like, "I can't believe it" and part of me is like "we were just waiting for it to happen." I'm not sure what's worse.......... having like 3 weeks of sick kids, one at a time, or if they were just all three sick at once? At least if they were all sick at the same time we'd be over it by now. She's lethargic and not eating...............those of you who are around Sidney a lot know she doesn't sit still for long usually. She is so sick she doesn't even want to watch a video...................that is a total shocker. This child lives for videos! Then we have the nice additional symptom that her brothers did not have, of throwing up...........Sidney decided this afternoon that Mommy had gone too long today wearing half-way clean clothes and helped me dirty them all the way! On top of that, Cameron grabbed Sidney's juice cup this morning and was drinking from it and then this afternoon Carter put Cameron's pacifier in his mouth for some unknown reason. As the Dr. said, and I pray, "hopefully she won't give it back to them!" Yes, four trips to the Dr's in less than two weeks is more than enough.
I am REALLY hoping not to get it.................Sidney is always taking sips of my drinks and eating my food. I think I over did it this weekend too, going out too much. It just happened that we had a lot of things going on. I am more tired than usual (if that's even possible) and I feel like I could just drop over at any moment.......
On a brighter note, Carter is starting to walk more independently like Cameron now. Cameron is loving walking and walks all over the house. They are almost walking as much as they are crawling now. It won't be long and my little boys won't be babies any more.........sigh. Now it's just getting them off of the bottle............... they do take sippy cups with juice or water in them, but I tried to give them milk in a cup the other morning, as they have milk first thing when they wake up, and Carter smacked it out of my hand, almost saying "Get that sippy cup away from me! Where's my bottle?"
No comments:
Post a Comment