
It was another early morning. Sidney woke up around 5:30am (I must have had a premonition that she was going to do this, as last night when I was trying to go to sleep, after 11:00pm I swear I heard Sidney say Mom twice...............I sat up and said "What honey? Come over here..." Nothing............Roman was snoozing away..................WEIRD!!!!) and comes into our room. Roman hadn't even gotten up for work yet, as we were up a little late last night - we went out and watched the NBA Finals. (I used to love watching basket ball, but haven't really gotten to in years. I thought it would be nice to see a game.) We tried to get her to lay down with us, but once she's up, she's up. So Roman got up to get ready and took her downstairs and turned on the Disney Channel for her and get her settled while he got ready. Well, as soon as he left for work she came back upstairs to get me.............she climbed on the bed, grabbed the comforter and sheet and pulled it back to the bottom of the bed. "Mom, you HAVE to get up! You have to take me to the park. Get up, get up, get up...Mom, get up and take me to the park!" "I want to change my clothes and I want a skirt." It wasn't even 6:30am yet........ she is talking about the little park in our development that is close to our house. She always wants to go there after dinner when her cousins are here, but it usually is close to bath time and the evening time is very hot here now.
That is her new saying "You have to do..........." When she wants me to play with her it's, "You have to say....." "Now Mom, you have to say....."
She dictates everything I must say and do during play................... kind of like her older cousin does to her (whom Grandma loving refers to as Hector the director.) And lately it's "Mom, get me this....."
"Pardon me?" I say.........
"Mom, can I please have ........"
"That's much better. Thank you for using your manners" I say........................ she is really getting an attitude and becoming quite demanding. Of course Mommy and Daddy don't stand for being ordered around by a toddler, but boy does she try..................... I don't even want to think of the attitude she will have when she is a teenager!!!!!!!
1 comment:
It must be something with the age, the whole demanding thing. At least she will use her manners when you point it out! :) Glad we got to see you today. Hope EVERYONE got to take a nap this afternoon. Hope you don't "have" to do much the rest of the day :)
Post a Comment