Mommy has a confession to make...............................she has been a little down lately..........ok, a lot down lately when it comes to post-baby, or make that post-twin-baby body image. I try not to make comments in front of Sidney, as I'm sure body issues will come into play all too soon for her, but it's been very difficult for me to lose these last 14lbs and very depressing as I still can't get my old clothes back on. The boys are 17 months old now and Sidney was only 4 months old when I could get my pre-baby clothes on. Some things have changed permanently, like my rib cage is now bigger. I can deal with that I guess, it just means a lot of my old shirts don't fit anymore. Some things are smaller now..............not necessarily desirable in the parts I'm talking about..........................I have tried to lose the weight and sometimes I swear that last year at this time my clothes felt like they fit better than they do now........................Jenn and I had been working out with a wonderful trainer twice a week for a year. It was great, a real motivator to get to the gym (if you're paying for it) and lots of great cheering when we were there during times other than training sessions, but something had to go in the budget and that was the first thing. As many of you know, it's been very difficult for me to get to the gym since then. We used to go on Tuesdays & Thursdays, but now I watch my sister's girls on those days and almost every morning Sidney has a class of some sort (sometimes on the days when she doesn't it's nice not to have to frantically run around the house in the morning just to try and get out the door) and in the afternoons it's just been hard with the boys schedule...........some days they take one nap, some days two. They are just now walking and at a point where I would feel comfortable with them not in the infant area - which has been another challenge - trying to get two babies in there and in the afternoon they have 2:30pm or 4:00pm appointments and nothing in-between, which makes it either too early or too late (in the mornings the child area is complete chaos........ not a place for babies and very overwhelming for them)...................anyway, from my rough morning post you can tell that I want to work out, but haven't been able to lately.........excuses, excuses I know......Anyway, I have been trying not to buy too many "in-between clothes" as I like to call them, but I don't have a lot to wear to cover up my post-baby bump you could say. I have a long torso, so trying to find something long enough isn't always that easy. And picking up two babies at once always seems to show off my not so toned tummy..........Luckily the style is going that way, with longer tops, but trying to find one that is flattering (and doesn't look like a maternity top) has proven a challenge. I did finally break down and got some new bottoms recently, but was trying to stick it out with all of the tops I have. I finally decided enough is enough and got some tops the other day. Although, I'm not sure if shopping with a toddler can exactly be considered therapeutic, but she was certainly having fun .............she found this new dress (aka - a shirt of mommies) that she LOVED! "Can we take it home Mommy?" she kept asking me. And she wanted to show it off to everyone in the dressing room while Mommy was trying to change tops too..............well, today I decided to go back (child free - my Mom was watching the kids for a while so that I could go to an appt.) and try a few more things.......................well, I was there a bit longer than planned. I was trying to hurry and thought that Grandma might be wondering if I was ever coming back, but I found a few things that I can feel comfortable in! If I can't lose the weight, at least I can try and hide it!
Don't worry Daddy, Mommy says she saved us lots of money as this "therapy" took place at the good old standby, Tar-je (that's Target for the rest of you.) Just think about the old saying that rings VERY true............................................If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy! Don't you just feel better already?
1 comment:
Oh Julie I know oh too well what you are going through. I don't know if this is something you can do since you also watch your neices...but I do "Stroller Strides". (www.strollerstrides.com) It is Fitness for Mom with Baby. We get an hour long workout with the kids in the stroller. I lost my weight once I started doing Stoller Strides. It is a way for me to continue working out but not leave my kids behind. They have a Mommy's group called Luna Moms which is sponsored by the Luna Bar corporation. We have one Mom with a triple stroller.
Oh and I like Target Clothes!
Cathy
Post a Comment