Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Things Kids Do

I was trying to corral the kids and get them out of the front room/formal living room (as they are not supposed to play in there..............so I can have one room in the house that's not totally destroyed!) while I was getting their lunch ready and get them to wash their hands when I noticed that they had knocked the guitar over............(Roman bought an acoustic guitar before Sidney was even born and was going to take lessons..............that never happened.......don't get me started on all the things he "plans to do" that never come to fruition),.......... I went to go put it back on the stand and noticed that it was full of stuff! Toys to be more exact..............the very same toys (play money and magnetic letters for the easel that I had been asking Sidney about for weeks as to where they went............plus little plastic dinosaurs, chalk, cars, a feather off of some dress-up item. Sidney goes "Oh, my tickets! Mom, get me my tickets."
I'm thinking what the heck would posses her to put all of that stuff in there? Who knows, but the kids were having fun playing with everything as I was shaking the guitar upside down, trying to get everything out of it.............witch took several minutes......the inside of the guitar has all these ridges and the toys kept getting stuck behind them............then when I could get it to the opening, I had to try and maneuver it around the strings...................there's really not that much room there, I'm not sure how she even got some of that stuff in there! Needless to say.....we will be putting the guitar away, out of the kids reach.....................now, where to put it?

No comments: