I was going to try to post some more random, cute pictures of the kids that I've taken in the past couple of days tonight....................but the kids had other plans. We actually bathed all three kids and had them in bed at like 7:38 (My goal was 7;30PM, So we were doing really well) with brushing of teeth and everything. I thought that they would all go down in a flash since they were all tired. The boys seems to have started an afternoon meltdown ritual, even though they had only been up for a couple of hours. They have been very cranky in the afternoons lately and I am constantly telling Roman that the kids need to go to bed earlier, especially since Sidney has been waking up so early! Well, tonight was like the second night in a row they were in bed pretty darn close to my goal. The boys went down ok, but I heard them kind of playing and making noise. As long as they aren't crying, then Mommy's not going to mess with it. We are still in the habit of laying down with Sidney, but trying to shorten the time, well, tonight I laid down with her for two fishies (she has this thing from her old crib - the boys now have one as well, that plays a lullaby, has a small light and the fish move up and down and kind of has like a wave noise or something to it that lasts 5 minutes, so we usually just try for one fishy and then we will leave and she will usually ask for the other parent, but we try not to go in there unless she comes out and she will usually fall asleep.) Not tonight............Roman laid with her for a few minutes and then left. We thought she would go down again..........Well I went over a while later, as I heard the boys crying from down the hall, and she was up in her room.......... playing with the train table. Now, this is actually good that she stayed in her room and was being quiet..................... a HUGE improvement on what it used to be (and without the gate on), but I knew she was tired and wanted her to get back in bed, so I had Roman come up and lay with her again and I tried to quiet Carter. Cameron was trying to go to sleep, but whenever you open the door he has to check out what's going on. I think they are teething, as he was chewing on his burp cloth, so I was assuming his teeth hurt, so I put some orajel on him and rocked him for a couple of minutes and now Cameron is leaning over the rail in his crib with a grin on his face like, "Hi Mommy........hold me too." Carter quieted down, so I tried to lay him down again, but he started wailing again. I tried to get them sippy cups with water (as we are trying to get them off of the bottle and I don't like them to have milk after they have brushed their teeth), that lasted for only a few seconds before the fit started again. They didn't drink much of their milk from their sippy cups while we were reading the stories, so Mommy caved, as I didn't want them to keep Sidney up and gave them milk...................... in a bottle. Two down.................one to go....................Then I heard Sidney playing in her room again. Who knows how many times Roman and I went in there.....I finally gave up and was like, at least she's quiet and staying in her room..........well after a while (we even tried having Denver in there at one point to comfort her, but that didn't help either) she came over to our room, where I was. By now it's 9:00pm and Mommy is nearing flip out mode when the kids go to bed too late. It really messes up their schedule and Mommy is so done by that point she can hardly even think. And I know she is tired and I dread the 5am wake up call that is most likely to follow (especially since I was up until 1am last night getting some things done on my to do list before our trip and I woke up at 4am to go the bathroom and couldn't go back to sleep). Now she wants her lamp off and her closet light on and her night light off............then she wants her "soft blankie" - she got that phrase from her cousin - she never had a blankie, she had her teddy. This was the sacred teddy, if she did not have it when she was tired or cranky, look out. Anyway, she had left the blanket and her teddy in the car...................by this point I'm like "if it will help you go to sleep, then whatever". I went down and got it and while I was gone she got up again and grabbed the airplane and "kelicopter" from her train table and wants to play............."oh, no, it's time to be quiet and close our eyes I tell her." Then she wants to take her jammie bottoms off, as she picked pants tonight and now she's too hot. Ok, fine..........now lay down!!!! After a couple more fishies she's finally asleep....................and Mommy is exhausted too (and my throat is still hurting!) Ni-night.
I'll try to post the picks during their nap tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment