Monday, July 14, 2008

Hovander Farm

We took the kids to Hovander Farm the other day. It's an old homestead that's been converted into a park in Ferndale, just north of where my Dad lives. They have quite a few animals, including horses, cows, sheep, goats, pigs, chickens, ducks, turkeys, peacocks and rabbits. The kids love to look at the animals and you can feed most of them dried corn out of a little vending/gumball machine. I came prepared this year (well, kind of - I had to grab some of Grandpa's quarters - but I brought a little sandwich bag to put the corn feed in and remembered to grab the quarters......) Sidney did pretty good with sharing the food, but you had to be fast to get some. We were only there for a little while, so we'll have to go back again during our stay here.


Cameron and Carter were really having fun at this playground................the best part is climbing UP the slide...............it's just hard to find a time when there aren't other kids trying to come down the slide.......

Sidney was having fun on the tractor in the barn.

That's right..................eat up..........."gobble, "gobble"................come fall I don't think we'll be seeing these guys anymore........

No comments: