Thursday, February 12, 2009

Now Mommy is in Pain

I'm guessing it's from the many nights in a row of bending over the boys cribs, picking them up, holding them in awkward positions...........and especially the leaning over to lay them back down in their cribs. My shoulders and neck are killing me!!! It felt tight yesterday, but today it's hard to move. I can't turn my head and everything is tightening up and pulling my head down towards my chest...............it's the same thing that happened 10+ years ago, when I hurt my back in-between my shoulder blades, when I lived in Hawaii. And it keeps getting worse........this evening I was getting spasms and shooting pain in my shoulders & upper back. The major bummer part too is that my chiropractor is not opened on Fridays. I've iced my back three times today, and Czeslawa even climbed the stairs to help Roman bathe the kids, as I just couldn't do it. I have been getting the chills a lot lately the past few days and am hoping and praying that I don't get sick! I really would love to take a nice hot bath too, but that would require me to vacuum out the tub, as the cat's food and water are in there since we got the dog, and she gets food crumbs all over..........not to mention cat hair.
On a more positive note...............the kids seem to be doing better. Carter slept all night last night. Sidney only woke up once (and came and slept with us, but I was too tired to fight it and actually managed to get a little more sleep in.) Cameron slept most of the night........I guess he woke up at 6am, but I didn't hear him, even with our door opened & their door cracked. We have the humidifiers going though in all the bedrooms and the monitor must have been turned down too low. We were all just so exhausted............Czeslawa ventured the stairs again (she has arthritis in her hips and it really bothers them going up and down the stairs), and woke Roman up - who had over slept (and I slept right through that too), and settled Cameron. I had taken a Benadryl to help me sleep, (as I was up late paying bills), and it still took me over 1/2 hr. to fall asleep. It was almost 1am before I crashed out.
I also FINALLY got my Thank you cards done today while the boys were sleeping and Czeslawa was working with Sidney on her letters on her game/keyboard thing. I also was able to cross a couple of other items/paperwork type things off my list this afternoon too, so that felt good.
Hopefully I will be feeling better soon and can get............dare I say it?.......caught up?.........of course, now the laundry is stacking up again, and Sidney thought that it would be fun to try on all of Mommy's clothes that I had hanging off the ironing board the other day............I was sooooooo close to being caught up on ALL the laundry..........mending (done mostly by Czeslawa), folding, hanging, ironing, putting away................but alas, it has been just out of reach again. Plus, now I need to wash all the kids linens.................and today Sidney and Kendall thought it would be fun to unmake my bed and get lotion all over it!!!!!!! Boy, those girls were so mischievous this afternoon!!!!! I think they were just a little over excited from having Papa and Babcia come to their class for an hour today! Let's just pray that when I wake up tomorrow...............all will be better! (Hey, I can dream, right?!)
Oh.......and I STILL haven't made it to the store! The list just keeps getting longer and longer....but now, with my neck all jacked, there is no way I could push around a VERY full cart of groceries and toiletries..........I'm guessing this weekend...........till then we'll be scrounging whatever we can put together out of the pantry. (We're out of almost everything!)

No comments: