Wednesday, February 11, 2009

No Sleep for Mommy

I wasn't even asleep yet, when Cameron woke up screaming.......I couldn't get him to calm down, so I took him downstairs to get him some milk and juice (and sometimes getting out of their room, in a different environment will calm them down), .........nope, he kicked and screamed, with tears and everything for over 10 minutes. He wouldn't take anything to drink and did the little I'm mad dance in the kitchen when I tried to set him down so that I could fill up his sippy cups. I finally got him to calm down by putting on a Baby Einstein and dancing with him in my arms to the music. We ended up watching it twice................and reading a book and he wanted to play with his big, musical cars.......but I laid him back down. Then, I hadn't fallen asleep yet again and Carter wakes up a little after 1am......................then Cameron woke up again just before 2am.......so here I am.............still awake.....deliriously tired and no sleep in sight!

2:30am...............Cameron's awake again...........I tried to pat his back and do the "shhhhh, shhh, shhh"...no luck. I had to pick him up.................yet again and rock him........plus, somewhere in there was a paci plug and one time I actually rubbed his back and did the shhh thing and got him to go back to sleep. Too bad, if I'm going to be awake, that I'm too frickin' exhausted.......and by this point, just plain mad, to actually get something productive done.
Carter woke up around 3am.....................then Cameron again at 3:30am. I finally brought him into Sidney's room with me. He still kept waking up about every half an hour.....but at least I didn't have to keep getting up and rocking him.....I would just help him find his burp cloth, rub his back, do the shhhh, shhhh, shhh thing and try to get him to go back to sleep..........I lost track of how many times he woke up....I would say at least 20 times for Cameron........and who knows for Carter. I went to check on Sidney in our room at one point.........and she was sleeping soundly, thank goodness. She slept until 8am, which is really good for her.....she needs it. Needless to say..... we will not be going to our MOMS Club event today...................and now we are making the trip to the Dr.......my eyes feel like their practically swollen shut. I desperately need to make it to the store today too. I just went a week ago and we already have a very lengthy list going!
A shower is desperately needed in there sometime too..............it doesn't look like I will get a nap in today.............but I'm going to make sure that we ALL are in bed early tonight!!!!!!

PS - Sorry if it jumps around, or doesn't make sense............I was a bit delirious......and wrote it at a few different times..................then this morning the cursor was really jumping around.......yet another thing I need to have looked at.
So there's our not-so-pleasant life right now.........................a friend of mine from high school said...."Shared joy is greattened, shared pain is lessened."...........a wise man!

No comments: