About a week and a half ago, on our Anniversary, Sidney was playing with the water and got a little carried away..........That's an understatement!!!
Ok, here's the scenario..............Roman was taking a nap while the boys were napping as he was up late the night before and it was his day to get up early with the kids...........Sidney had just taken a shower with me and she ran off with just her towel on................I went to get dressed and just as I was going to find her I hear, "Mommy, can you help me?"
Sidney was sitting on the counter, playing in the sink with her dolls in the kids bathroom and there was water everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE! There was like an inch of standing water in the bathroom and the carpet out in the hall was sopping wet...... The sink wasn't even full of water, I wasn't sure if a pipe broke or what. I went to get some towels to sop it up and heard water dripping downstairs...................... I thought maybe she had left the sink on in the bathroom downstairs, as she likes to play in that sink quite often too.......................Nope, it was water dripping from the ceiling, into the playroom below. We had our own internal waterfall in our house. I ran back upstairs and yelled, "Roman, I need you to get up NOW!!"
Exhibit A: The scene of the crime

Exhibit B: It's a good thing we called our homeowners insurance as the water had gone out the bathroom and down the hall both ways and even into the boys room. They tore the pad out in the hall way both directions and had 3 of these dehumidifiers and at least 6 blowers going for 2-3 days. The blowers really freaked the boys out and if I left the room they were in, they would come crawling, crying after me.........Luckily, the bathroom is partially over the garage also, so they cut a hole in the garage ceiling to dry out the floor up above since the bathroom floor is tile.

Exhibit C: We had a built-in sauna room in the playroom for about three days...........
Ok, I think that should just about catch us up. I do have some video of Papa wrestling with the girls from Mother's Day, but I still have to download the software and figure out how to post it here. Maybe this next weekend, providing we don't have anymore "excitement".
No comments:
Post a Comment