Friday, July 1, 2011

Fun, Fun, FUN at the Beach!

This year we were able to hit the beach out at Birch Bay when the tide was WAY out! Everyone, I mean everyone, LOVED it!


One of the boys was lagging behind......picking up shells, while Grandpa, Daisy and the other two kids headed straight out for the water.





The shallow water was actually quite warm.......well ok, not freezing : )



I was hesitant to let Daisy off the leash since we had such a hard time getting her back at Hovander, but I saw some other dogs off leash and Daisy was whimpering to go play with them, so I let her go. She was in heaven!!!!! It was so funny to see her running around. My Dad really got a kick out of her.....especially since she's so mellow when we're at home. My Dad wanted to keep Daisy.....and Tommy (he loved watching him run around like crazy, chasing his tail and climbing up their cat post.......oh, and his little dachshund loved playing with him too.)



The kids always love collecting LOTS of shells.


This cracked me up, Cameron is pretending to be a dolphin (or something).


Everyone loved running around, splashing. (Carter with Sidney)



running, running.......we LOVE water!!!!!!!!!




Did I mention Daisy was loving it?




The boys really liked the shallow tide pools & were "swimming" in them.....I think they were a bit warmer than the actual ocean, but it still stayed shallow out there for quite awhile too.




Grandpa was enjoying getting his feet wet too : )




I forgot to bring towels.........silly Mommy.......so the boys were sharing my jacket, whining all the way back to the car.....Sidney toughed it out. I cranked the heat in the car while we got the kids changed. My Dad waited to get into the car until the kids had warmed up, so he wouldn't die of heat stroke!




Then, in our tradition, it was off to the C shop for some ice cream.......grandpa's treat!

No comments: