The kids LOVE Hovander Homestead Park........I have fond memories there from growing up too : )
The kids love feeding the ducks, geese, chickens and turkeys the dried corn kernels that you can purchase there. Unfortunately, I forgot to round up some quarters to buy the feed.....we did have one though, so we got a little bit to feed the birds...........We really had to hold Daisy back, away from the fence.......she SO wanted to get in there and chase the birds.....especially these turkeys, who weren't afraid of her AT ALL!
Sidney was trying to get it going around how Carter had done it earlier.......which he couldn't really repeat either. He had it spinning around & around, without getting tangled........Can you see Daisy in the corner? She wanted to get a hold of the rabbits too : )
We brought the kite out and it was the perfect area for them to run around with it without being too windy. I made the mistake of letting Daisy off the leash to run around.......she had done so well at my Aunt's, but we had to chase her down for quite awhile......she ran all the way over into another field and was being her usual playful self, not wanting to be caught.
The kids were fascinated by the goats and loved that they had climbed up on this platform.
The kids were fascinated by the goats and loved that they had climbed up on this platform.
They were pretty friendly, and Sidney could have stayed there for hours feeding and petting them.
Well, Hello little goat :)
I thought it was so cute.....Carter climbed up here with the ribbon to wave it around.
The kids all love my Dad's dog, Sarah.........Sarah has gotten better at tolerating them : )

Even Miss Sidney can't resist getting it all over her face : )
I hadn't ever noticed this before, but we saw it as we were leaving, so we went over to check it out.

It was so cute! I think a group of kids got to dress up the scarecrows & they had fruits, veggies & spices growing there too.......the kids loved to see those!
I had taken a picture of my Dad with this guy too, he is HUGE, but I took it with my cell phone & I forgot the adapter to put the SD card in my computer & if I e-mail it myself the pictures aren't really clear and are poor quality : (

Then Grandpa Jo took us all out for ice cream BEFORE dinner : ) (this is Cameron)

And afterwards Grandpa could see why Mommy didn't want the kids eating the ice cream in the car : ) (this is Carter)
Even Miss Sidney can't resist getting it all over her face : )
No comments:
Post a Comment