Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mama's Draggin'

Ugh.......last night was another LONG night. Carter has been sick with a stomach bug......I had him switch with Sidney on Saturday night, so I could sleep on her floor and he wouldn't wake Cameron up as he was throwing up and I didn't want him to do it in his sleep and choke. He didn't throw up anymore during the night.....but that's when the diarrhea started. Lucky me! He only woke up twice I think............Well, it's a good thing I went to bed early last night, because that 1.5 - 2 hrs of sleep is about all I got. Cameron woke up around 11-11:30 and had thrown up. His crying woke Sidney up too. I didn't even realize it at first, as the house was dark when they came over to our room. Roman had walked by him first though, to put Sidney back to bed, and must have caught a whiff. I was just kneeling down to pick him up when Roman said that he had thrown up. So I cleaned him up - it was in his hair, in his ear, all over his face...and changed his clothes while Roman stripped his bed and I remade his bed. Sidney didn't want to be alone so she sat and watched too. Luckily, Carter slept through it all. Roman laid down with Sidney and she went back to sleep fairly quickly. I went and grabbed the sleeping bags that were still in the hall and pushed the train table over a little bit and made my bed on the floor again. Cameron did NOT sleep well though.......it seemed like he was up, or at least half awake, making whimpering sounds like every 20 minutes or so......I swear, it felt like I had just fallen back to sleep each time when he stir again. He finally did come lay down on the floor with me, so then I REALLY didn't get any sleep, with a tossing and turning, whimpering little boy laying half on top of me. I think it was already daylight out (it's getting light REALLY early now) when I finally climbed up onto his bed, but there was not much sleep to be had. He got up at 7am.......and wanted his usual morning milk.......then got sick again while I was trying to get Sidney ready for school. After she was off I put Cameron in the tub for awhile, while I did yet another load of pukey laundry. He seems to be feeling better and so far has even kept some dry cereal down. Carter still had diarrhea as of yesterday and is still laying around today.......so I think it's going to be a movie day! (and hopefully I can work some more on the blog - if I can keep my brain focused.) My sis is picking the girls up from school (it's their last day, so I'm missing the party : ( ) and keeping her afterwards to play with my niece.......do I dare dream that the boys will take a nap so that Mommy can steal a couple of winks too? Is it bedtime yet?

No comments: