Saturday, March 6, 2010

Playing with Bubbles

Again.......she is pantless......apparently my children have something against pants.......but I thought this was just too cute!

Just singing and playing with bubbles

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sideny is still potty training?

Julie & kids said...

Jill, she still wears a night diaper, I was doing dishes when she woke up, so we just hadn't taken it off yet (because she will also not go poopy on the potty and usually will go in the morning - it's an issue we're working on)....she get's hot when she sleeps and doesn't like to wear her jammie bottoms (even after she wakes up)

Anonymous said...

I fully understand. My 6 year old son still wears a night time pullup. If I let him he would keep it on all morning when he wakes up. But we take it off when ever we switch into day time cloths. He never wears his jammie bottoms.

My 4 year old duaghter shares your daughters name :) Great minds think a like I guess. She is going to be 5 in July and she is still in a diaper most the time. It has been a major battle with her. She will go pee in the potty MOST the time, but for poopies she is still using the diaper. It is hit or miss with her so we keep the diaper on almost all the time. Any suggestions?

Julie & kids said...

My daughter will leave it on all morning until it is so full it's falling off of her too.....she is in panties all day and will ask for a pull-up when she needs to go poopy. I try to be good and set the timer for 5 min......then take it off whether she has gone or not, then she can have it again later if she hasn't gone, but it get's hectic with 3 kids 5 & under. It really helped when she started preschool and couldn't wear a diaper.....the down side is that she will hold it ALL day if I don't make her go to the bathroom. She just turned 5 in January. It was a long struggle with her.....now, my sons are three and they have no idea when they have to go.....only one of them has ever gone on the potty, and only once.....they will only sit there for about 5 seconds, then make a sound "Psssss" and say "all done".

Anonymous said...

My Sidney is allowed to wear the diaper to school. They bring her to the 2-3's room when she needs to be changed. She will not ask for a diaper to go poopies, she will just go in whatever she has on. I guess you are lucky on that note.

What happens if you do not give Sidney a pullup? Will she still go? I have given thought to letting my Sidney just do the poppies in her pants and clean her up, hopefully she will stop sometime soon. She starts Kindergarten in August. They surely do not allow diapers - although for nap time they allow the pullups. Tim (my 6 year old) wears them for naptime at school.

I feel for you with 3 under 5. My two little ones are still doing the potty training thing. Tim figured it out soon after he turned 3, but still has a pullup for over night.

Well I enjoy reading your blog, not even sure how I came across it. Keep us informed on the progress and hopefully we can share more tips. I still have my 35 month old to at least pee train. She will be 3 on the 22nd.

Julie & kids said...

If I don't give her a pull-up to go poopy she simply will not go.....she will hold it all day and then might go in her night diaper.....then she is miserable and constipated for the next 2-3 days.....our pediatrician says it's a control thing....she will do it when she's ready and if we push it it could make matters worse and turn into cronic constipation.
Because of liability reasons the preschool will not change diapers....even for the 2 1/2 yo class they are supposed to be potty trained (they can wear diapers, but if they are regularly going poopy or soaking through they would have to be removed from the program.) They don't do naps, even in the all day program.....and no naps once in kindergarten either.....my daughter hasn't really napped since just after two anyway.....but my boys are 3 and they will usually nap about half of the time.
I'm sure there will be a posted strictly dedicated to it when the boys start actually going or Sidney makes the move to going on the potty. Good luck with your little ones too.

Anonymous said...

Julie,

Thought I would let you know. Thanks for the feedback and I talked with Sidney (my Sidney LOL) about not wearing her pullup all day long and just letting me know if she wants one to poop in. It was much easier then I thought, I told her that she "NEEDS" to let me know before she goes poop so I could put the pullup on her.

She did very good on the first day and only went once in her pants. Then I talked with another mother that is having the same problem, she told when Sidney asks for a pullup to go poopies, tell her "I do not have anymore pullups, so you have two opetions. 1. You can go poopies on the potty or 2. you use one of your sisters diapers, but you will have to keep the diaper on for at least an hour. It is your choice, I will let you do which everone you choose." This does not give her the option of holding it. She does not like having to wear a diaper because they are a little tight on her and they are "baby diapers".

The first time she choose to have the diaper and once she pooped I changed her into a clean diaper and let her know that her hour started at that point. She did not like being changed into the clean one and knowing she was going to have to continue to wear it. She was begging for a pullup.

Later in the day she asked for a pullup again and I explained to her again what her options where. She actually choose to do it on the potty that time and has a couple more times.

Although you said that your Sidney is in a diaper overnight? So she is used to wearing diapers...it might not work with her. Or you put her in a pullup overnight?

I was doing pullups all the time, but calling them diapers with her.

Julie & kids said...

Jill, I'm glad your Sidney is making progress. My Sidney does wear a night pull-up, not a diaper....we also call it her "night diaper." It's funny, she seems to do better with getting up and going in the night when we are not at home, when we travel.
I could try that, although I just bumped up her brothers a size in diapers, so the will prob. fit her, but she does not like diapers either......I have a feeling it's going to be a screaming, crying hysterical fit and she won't go in the diaper. She is VERY strong willed. And getting the clean diaper back on her would be a wrestling match.

I'm trying to do incentive based things......and she just earned the new Barbie movie and now wants the doll that goes with it.....so maybe I can bribe her with that. I'm willing to try most things.....I just know how she will respond......I have to decide if I'M ready for that battle. LOL

Julie & kids said...

I was thinking....what do you tell her as to why she has to wear the diaper for an hour after she has gone poopie? I know my daughter will ask.

Anonymous said...

Mine threw a fit also. She was crying and saying that she did not want to wear the diaper. Every time she said she did not want to wear it I told her "It is not too late you still have the option of going poopies on the potty. Would you like to go try?" She would say no and I would let her know "Then you are choosing to wear the diaper. Remember the is all up to you and I will let you do which ever option you choose" With mine I could not wait too long cause she will just decide to do it in her pants. So I give her a few seconds and then put the diaper on her.

When it came time to change into a new diaper, she also asked me why she had to still wear a diaper. So after she pooped I made sure I changed my other daughter first and then I told Sidney it was time for her to be changed. Probly kind of what you would do with your boys, change one and then change the other. So she kind of felt like she was in line. The convo kind of went like this.

J: Your turn to be changed

S: Okay (She was looking foward cause she was thinking she was going to get the diaper off)

(I had her lay down to be changed...it is easier that way cause otherwise if she throws a fit she can just run off in the middle of the change)

S: I do not need a new diaper.

J: Yes you do. You can not keep the dirty diaper on, it is icky.

S: But I want my big girl pants

J: But you decided to wear a diaper insted of going poopies on the potty. It is totally okay, you made a choice and this is what you choose, so I am helping you put on the CLEAN diaper.

S: I do not need a diaper anymore

(By this time the new diaper is just about on her)

J: But you told me you would rather wear the diaper then go potty. You will have another chance to make a choice again in a hour.


Right after the diaper change I switched my attention to her dolls that she loves to play with and started playing with them. Get her to switch her attention really quick.

One of the draw backs that I had, which acutally happened for the first time yesterday was that she took the diaper off several miutes after playing. That turned into a time out because she broke a rule and did not listen to mommy. Also when she was done with time out I told her that her hour was reset and an hour for her is a very very long time...she sees it as almost the whole day.

One other thing, when I started this a couple days ago, I took all the pullups out of the bag execpt for 2. I hid them in my closet which it totally off grounds for her. The night before I was getting her ready for bed and had her grab a pullup for me (from the bag which I put back in her closet). She is ALWAYS good at letting me know when we are low. She told me we needed more pullups. We only had 1 pullup left and we used that one for nap on the next day. When it was time for her to make her choice I had told her that we where out of pullups.

So yesterday I was grocery shopping and you would not guess who made it a point to totally remind me that we needed more pullups while I was putting a package of diapers in the cart. My other daughter is in size 6 pampers, and I noticed yesterday that they have size 7. So I bought the smallest package of size 7 for Sidney. Hopefully we will not go through the whole package. The size 6 is tight on her, so I am giving in a little. Thank God she did not notice when I bought them. When I got home I mixed them in with her sister's diapers.

Anonymous said...

(part 2 - blogger would not let me leave such a long comment, sorry)

I still let her wear a pullup for night and nap. I do not want to make a big deal out of that cause Tim still wears a pullup for night and nap. I am sure she will be wearing them for a couple years also. I put the pullup with the cloths that she changes into, so she does not think much of it. She still does not know that I have a ton of pullups in my closest.

But hopefully this poop issue will be behind us very soon.

Also as far as getting up in the night to go potty at other peoples homes, I think it is cause they are not so comfortable being away from home, so they do not sleep as well and do not have the chance to end up in the deep sleep that makes them wet the bed. Sidney and Tim are the same way if we stay somewhere else.