Ok, so I'm up........I can't sleep......it's the second night in a row that I've woken up around 3am and just can't get back to sleep.......I got tired of the cat jumping all over me, so I decided to jot down some ideas floating around in my head........sometimes I think it would be nice to just have the ideas go from my mind right to the computer, as now that I'm up I can't write it as eloquently as I was thinking about it before......so I just thought I would write about the things that make me smile when I watch my kids on a daily basis......sorry if it's kind of choppy, or doesn't make sense.....
The kids are really growing up it seems......at least to me.......Sidney will be in Kindergarten next year and some of the things she says just baffle me.......she has such a grasp on concepts I wouldn't even think a 5 year old would. I have finally started the chart I have been thinking of doing for her for probably a couple of years now.......some things are chores, like making her bed or feeding the dog..........some are things we are working on........like falling asleep on her own, staying in her bed all night.....and the big one she just doesn't want to give up.......actually going poopy on the potty! I have even gotten out the Hannah Montana guitar game that she only gets to play when she sleeps in her room......or at least gives it a real try on the potty. She gets so excited in the morning to put her stickers on poster and works on getting more throughout the day.
Carter & Cameron's vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds.......they love talking to Daddy on the phone and will carry a full-on conversation with him......it's so cute.....and amazing to me. They are really learning to express themselves with "I like this" or "I don't like that".....and even the one Mommy dreads....."I don't want to!" I took them to try out a preschool class at our church and they really seemed to like it.......but had a hard time concentrating when it was time to sit down and listen to the teacher......they just wanted to get back to their toys!
We've been doing more art projects at home, since we are actually having a winter here this year and the back yard is just one giant mud puddle......with three kiddos it's hard to find enough room on the fridge for all of their masterpieces : )
Last night it was my turn to put the boys to bed.....and they have been napping a little lately....so bed time is a challenge.......they have been watching their big sister for three years now get to have Mommy or Daddy lay down with her every night....and now they want in on the action! Cameron says "I lay down you?"....meaning he wants me to lay down with him......I try to just lay down for a couple of minutes....and get up before I fall asleep......after I had put them both BACK in bed they were both asking for me to lay down with them......I said no, that I already had.......so just hugs and kisses and back to bed.........it was so cute......Carter says "Kisses Mommy", so I think I kissed his forehead......he said "No......over here" (on one of his cheeks)......then points to his other cheek..."over here".....so I did......then says "Ok, thank you Mommy, good night".....it just melted my heart! SO dang cute!!!
Then there's the fourth child........the dog........she has now made it her personal goal to see how many times she can get out the door and run into the street each day.........she's been kind of cooped up too with all the rain and wants to get out and run! She runs off and comes back.....just far enough away and fast enough that you can't grab her collar.......it's getting quite frustrating......and, for the second time one of our neighbors (two streets over!) has been able to corral her into their backyard and call us to come get her........she's just like "Hi Mom........where are we going now?".......me.........I'm pretty embarrased......and sorry to have bothered them........it looks like we may need to take some more lessons with her.......still very much a puppy!
No comments:
Post a Comment