The boys are advancing by leaps and bounds these days......saying more and really looking less and less like babies and more and more like little boys.......
The other day Sidney was playing with one of those wire toys with beads on them......well, it was a large one, all three of them were playing with it..........and she was counting them...............she got to seven and paused for a moment and Carter said "Eight" I was shocked! I said "WOW! Good job Carter!!!! Yes, Eight!!!!"
Of course Sidney was upset, because SHE was counting...........I was trying to be sympathetic to her, but SO proud of Carter! Both boys like to count the steps in the morning when we are going down them.........then just last night I was playing with Cameron with a magnetic doodle board, that has a pen and shapes (we were at my sister's house, but we have one just like it) and he knew exactly where the little drawer was and pulled it out to get the shapes out.......I couldn't really tell what he was saying at first...........but then he said "Circle" and I think he said "triangle" too. YEAH Cameron!!!! I said "Yes, you're right...........that's a circle! And that's a triangle.".....he might of even said "Square" too, I just missed it, because he said something when he pulled that one out first. I know that Sidney already knew these things by this age..........but they are boys.......and were preemies...........and I know each child is different, so I'm trying not to compare them..............I just thought it was pretty exciting! The boys are loving to read now too.......sometimes it's still hard to get them to sit still during the story before bed, but they LOVE these books I got for Sidney.....it's a set..........each one focuses on 2-3 letters and uses words with pictures.............it's an "I Spy" book...............a look and find book.........Roman will just keep picking things out of the pictures for the kids to find...............and they will wait their turn and find what he asks them to....................most of the time the boys can find it! They've even been taking the books with them in the car when we go out and want to take them to bed. Carter says "E,F,G.....E, F, G" all the time now.........and will try to sing along when Sidney sings the alphabet.
Carter has started this new thing too, where he says "Come get me", although it doesn't exactly come out that clear.........but I know what he is saying............that means he wants you to chase him........Cameron started saying it last night too!
Sidney is also growing very fast.....................and her attitude, even faster!!!! She is very strong minded (gee............with two parents as Aries...........I wonder where she gets that from?) The car seat has become a daily struggle.............she wants it so tight she can hardly breathe........and if it's not just perfect will let you know......................again.........and again.........and again...........and again!
She is getting more into dancing around the house too............her and her cousins just LOVE Hannah Montana (the boys even fussed when I turned it to something else in the car the other day.................and when we were at the grocery store they saw balloons of her and Carter said "Nannah")........they were putting on a concert for the Dad's last night...........it was too cute! I didn't get any video of it though, our video camera was dead. Sidney also loves to sing to her brothers...............quite a bit lately she will follow me into their room while I am putting them in their cribs and sit in their glider and sing them a song........in the dark.............it's sweet, but I'm always worried she's going to get them amped up.............and stall in getting to bed herself!
I am having my hard drive backed up...........and hope to get my computer tomorrow and take it over to get it fixed...............they say to call if I don't have it back within 10 days.................I am hoping and praying to have back by the time we go on our trip. I don't know what I'll do if I don't have it to take with me! So much for getting caught up on the blog..........now I'm going to be WAY behind again..................and we'll be busy, busy once we get up to WA to play in the much cooler sunshine! Can't wait........especially since it's supposed to be 110+ degrees here all this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment