Last night Sidney said that she did not want to wear a diaper to bed.......she had said this the night before too, but I told her we should try it on a day when she hadn't had something to drink right before bedtime, and maybe after she woke up with a dry pull-up for a few days.....because she never wants to take it off in the morning......but she said, "No Mom, I don't want a diaper!" I did not think that this was a good idea, but I found a large, disposable pad, so I put that on the bed and another sheet on top of that, so I wouldn't have to be changing an entire bed in the middle of the night! I thought I should go to bed right after her, because chances are I'm going to be up a lot! But.........................she did amazingly well! She came and crawled in bed with us (she's back to doing that again..........quite a bit lately......so Mommy has been REAL tired lately!) around 3:30 am with dry panties on...................later I did find a wet pair of panties, although she said that there were 2? But her bed was completely dry!!!!! YEAH SIDNEY!!!!!! This is a HUGE step for her...............I think she wants to be like her older cousin Madeline. Now the next thing that we are working on is going poopy on the potty! Mommy already has the bribe gift.......something Sidney really wants.....................but she has to go on the potty for a week to get it! I think she feels overwhelmed by that..........because she will go just a tiny bit and ask if she can have her present!......It's a work in progress..................We will be soooooo elated to get at least one of the kids out of diapers!!!!!
(Hopefully this makes sense...............I am extremely tired and not feeling so great - but wanted to let you know of Sidney's accomplishment.....what a bummer... a long weekend and I'm coming down with something! I think the boys are too, they have runny noses and a barking cough in the morning and at night...........my throat is sore too......let's hope with Daddy around this weekend Mommy can get some more rest and start feeling better soon!)
1 comment:
Julie that is awesome! Night time is so hard with keeping dry. Hope this is the big step she needs to finish the job for you! Hope you feel better soon :)
Post a Comment