Sorry this is a little late............
I hope you all had a nice Father's Day.........ours started off very busy........
Sidney has been doing better lately, and slept in her room all night...........she's almost always up before 7 am though...............I think it was about 6:30-6:46 when she woke up.........She and I took the cat in to the vet for her annual exam right about the time the boys were waking up and I woke Roman up............then Sidney wanted to go look at the fishies.............on the way across the store she saw a cage and asked "What's this for Mommy?"
"It's for a bird."
"Can we get a bird?!"
"No honey, not now............maybe when you get older."
"Awe Mom!"
"We have enough animals right now.......we have a dog and a cat.......animals are a lot of work to take care of."
"No they're not!" (Yeah, that's because I can't even get her to help feed the dog!) Sidney just thinks she's her own personal lap dog...................litterally.............Sidney lays on top of her....."hugs" her all the time (aka : chokes her) around the neck, just comes up and gives her a smack, but says she wasn't hitting the dog....etc...........
So, then we make if over to the fish..........................."I want a fish! Can we get a fish Mom? PLEEEEEEEEEASE!"
"No, honey. Fish are a lot of work to take care of too and you need a lot of supplies for them, especially in the beginning."
"No you don't! Can't we just take one home.......PLEEEEEEASE!!!!".....and the asking kept on and on and on.................I finally get her out to the car and am just about to strap her in when she says she has to go to the bathroom...................Ugh........couldn't you have said that BEFORE we left the store? I think..........so we head back into the store and pass some kitties waiting to be adopted......."Come on..............we'll look at them after you go potty." So, as promised, on our way out we stop to look at the kitties behind the glass..................."Can we get a kitty Mommy?"
"No, honey............we already have a kitty."
"I don't like that cat! Can't we give her back and get a new one?".....Missy is not fond of the kids.....and HATES the dog........so she hides most of the time........Sidney wants to hold her and carry her and pet her...........and walk her around on a leash too................she just doesn't get that cats are not like dogs...........(that's Sidney's new thing.............because she wants EVERYTHING I've been asking her if she has the money to pay for things...............so she'll ask if she can take something back and exchange it for something else...............she doesn't get that it must be a new item that you are taking back to exchange............not a toy that she's had for over a year......and that living things you don't just take back.......
So, we finally make it home and Roman says that we should take the kids and the dog down to the large grassy area in our neighborhood and kick around the kids' new soccer balls that they got the day before for their class (the boys have a new ball class ..........Sidney actually skipped her ballet & tap class to go do their ball class)........Well, Sidney threw a MAJOR fit because she did not want to put socks and tennis shoes on................she wanted to go run and kick a ball in flip-flops.....so Roman and the boys left without her and I stayed home with her...........I pulled out the next size tennis shoes (from her cousin) and like 4 pairs of socks to chose from.....but she hates socks and any shoe that comes up over the top of her foot.................so I start to walk upstairs to do something and after a few more struggles.................she at least agrees to put on some closed shoes.......although, no socks........and they're not tennis shoes...............so we finally make it down to the grass............and all the kids want to do is sit in the shade by Daisy and give her some more water.......................it was already 90 degrees out at 10:00am......so we decide to head home, change into our suits and hit the pool! The kids were LOVING it!!!! All three of them kept getting out and jumping back in.................Carter is now calling me "Mi-Ma".........the boys were both very anxious, but were good about waiting their turn to be caught...........luckily, they are not as much of dare devils as Sidney...............who would just jump right in.........whether there was someone there to catch her or not! We were out there for over an hour.............we finally went home (luckily it's on our cul de sac) and fed the kids and got the boys down for a nap........Sidney and I made a cake, as it was my Step-Dad's b'day this past week as well..........then Roman took her over to my sister's early to play with her cousins and picked up the cat from her appt..............Then, after the boys woke up we went over to my sister's f0r more playing and Family Sunday dinner. We got home late..............it was after 9:00pm by the time the kids got in bed (and that's with just a quick rub down with a wet washcloth)...........we were so exhausted that we went to bed pretty much right after that too!
No comments:
Post a Comment