Monday, December 1, 2008

You Know You've been drinking too much Coffee When..

I had to get a chuckle out of this................I took the kids to do some errands today. My first stop was at the bank to make a deposit.............of course, with the kids I use the drive-thru.....I'm all about the drive-thru these days! I think every place should have a drive-thru! Sometimes it's just not worth the 5 minutes to get the kids out of the car, get the stroller out, put the kids in the stroller......and the like 10-15 minutes it takes to get them back in the car.......and usually not happy to be back in the car. So anyway, we're at the bank and Sidney kind of knows what it is (she knows that they usually have lollipops there - that's the important part, don't ya know?) Well, we were waiting for our cash back and the receipt and Sidney asks "Mommy, where are the lollipops?" Then a couple of minutes later she asks "Mommy, did you get your coffee?"
You see Mommy has kind of a Starbucks addiction.......and I guess lately I've been going there quite a bit. I hit the drive-thru one, even though it's out of my way most of the time.........but, they do have one in Barnes & Noble, Safeway, and as was evidenced today.......at Target too! I walked the kids in to get one of those carts with the extra attached seats for the kids and as soon as we hit the doors, the kids knew to go around the corner to where the coffee stand is.......I had to chuckle..............I thought to myself................Target = coffee, Safeway = coffee, doing errands = coffee.....and don't my kids know it! Sometimes Sidney will ask for her own "coffee" - aka, hot chocolate...........but she never really drinks it, so I stopped getting it for her.
Well, today I was entering receipts into the computer, balancing the check book and getting ready to pay bills.................when it became apparent to me.....................that I have been going to Starbucks quite a lot lately...................it's my treat for myself when shopping with the kids.......which these days is not so pleasant...................there's usually a lot of whining and fussing involved. Well, I should probably cut back, I guess............save the money for Christmas presents or something......................I can go without ...............(just don't tell Daddy that Mommy bought some of the bottled frappacino drinks when they were on sale...........Mommy loves the peppermint ones at Christmas time!) Hee, Hee!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I know that feeling. From a very young age Josie would point out the window at Starbucks and say "chocolate milk?" I don't know what I would do without my coffee fix!