Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Decorating the Tree

We decorated the tree last week after Sidney asking for DAYS to do it. It was so cute. This year she got so excited again as each ornament was unwrapped.......she got to put most of them on the tree. I've continued a tradition that my Dad and Susan started when we were kids, of giving the kids a new ornament to unwrap and put on the tree of their very own each year. The boys liked their ornaments and saw what Sidney was doing, so they knew what to do.......although Carter then proceeded to take his ornament off the tree and throw it......"It's a ball Mom, that's what you're supposed to do with balls!" Note to self.............do not get the boys ornaments shaped like balls.............another note to self................do not get breakable ornaments! Even though Sidney had been told SEVERAL times that once the ornaments went on the tree they weren't for touching, just for looking, she still proceeded to take I don't know how many of them off the tree and play with them..........and move them around..........and break them. Yep, she broke three of my ballerina ornaments that I collected while growing up. Now, only the candy canes are for touching! Touch all you want kids! Even the dog managed to get one off the tree and started chewing on it......she seemed to like it too!

Sidney went and got the chair herself so that she could put the ornaments up higher.........she wants to do everything herself these days!

so happy and proud of herself..........of course she must wear dress up when doing anything

Cameron and those slippers.........Daddy is helping him get his ornament ready to hang


the boys kept taking them off the tree and pulling the top part off with the hook, so Roman is trying to fix one here


Carter says "Ah......Tissssssss" he says that a lot........I haven't quite figured out what it means yet........maybe this? He loves pointing to all the ornaments.


they are all liking the low hanging ornaments


Yes,this lovely glass ballerina is one of the ones she just couldn't keep her hands off of .........and broke............like into 4 pieces!

Carter was using some of his tools now to point to the ornaments


I got the stockings out and asked if Sidney if she wanted to hang them on the drawers on the buffet........this is wear she hung them..........too cute! She loves to take all of her play jewelry and little dolls and animals and fill them up! I told her "we have to leave them empty so that Santa can fill them up!" She keeps asking when Santa is coming to our house.....


Moving around some more ornaments after the bath........she just can't stop!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Looks like lots of fun. We decorated our tree last night as well. It was fun and exhausting! Josie loved helping with the ornaments. We ended up leaving off most of our breakable ones! I could not handle the stress of those! :)

Julie said...

I kind of like the idea of hanging the stocking on their bedroom door. When I was little my brother and I were allowed to open our stockings as soon as we woke up - but the rule was we could not wake up Mom until 8 am! Of course she stayed up very late the night before wrapping all the presents. I have so many good memories of my brother and I sitting on one of our beds and opening all the stuff in our stockings. Whoever woke up first would get the stockings and take them in the other's room. So fun!

Julie & kids said...

That is a neat idea = to hang them on your doors. These doors were the bathroom, the closet and the play room though. I think the boys are starting to get that they are for them though.....they will point to them and say "Me, me, me" sometimes. Then I will point to them and tell them whose is whose.