Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lack of sleep

Boy, this past week the kids sure have been "off".......and I haven't been getting much rest.......I was up until 1am twice this past weekend.....trying to go through the gifts I have for the kids & figuring out what will fit in their stocking, how many I have for each, what will be for Christmas and what will be for their birthdays (which are Jan. 5th and 12th), and just trying to get stuff done and get caught up to help relieve some of the stress of the constant, never ending, ever growing longer to do list. It just isn't possible! I don't think I'll ever be caught up.........and lack of sleep doesn't help. So, I was up late twice.....but I did get to sleep in on Sunday morning.........Thanks Roman for actually letting me sleep! (usually the kids will come wake me up.) Then the night before last Sidney came running in our room and jumped on our bed and said "Mommy, help me up!" She laid down in-between us and went back to sleep.......of course then I couldn't go back to sleep! That is not like her though.............usually she wants us to go lay down with her in her room, with the lamp on. She's been up late the past couple of nights and will be up late again tonight. Then last night there was something wrong with Cameron.....usually the boys will go down pretty well.........they will play in their cribs for quite awhile before they go to sleep, but are usually quiet.........last night he kept screaming, (and was keeping Carter up!) We would go in there and rock him and he would be ok in our arms.......then as soon as you lay him down he starts hysterically screaming again.........I finally took him downstairs with Roman and put on a Baby Einstein.......He finally went down after that, around 10:30pm. Then he was up again at 12:30am........I couldn't get him to quiet down, and I didn't want him to wake up Carter, so I took him downstairs to the play room to lay on the bed in there....with the lamp on. He laid on my chest, but wasn't going to sleep.........then laid kind of beside me/on-me........he was quiet, but not asleep........and I couldn't go to sleep with the light on, and I was worried that he was going to fall off of the bed.......and I just wasn't comfortable.....and the dog started to bark, (just Great!......I was thinking "she'd better not wake up the other kids!!! Luckily, she quieted down pretty quickly).............so I switched him over to the inside of the bed and laid the pillows down for him to lay on and tried to lay down next to him so that I was blocking the light from being right in his eyes and kept running my fingers down over his face.......trying to get him to close his eyes and relax......he finally fell back to sleep around 2:30am and I just couldn't sleep........so when I thought he was pretty sound asleep I carried him back upstairs (with the pillow) and covered him up with a warm blanket. He kind of opened his eyes a couple of times........but luckily was so tired he went back to sleep...........I though if I could get back in my bed then I should be able to go back to sleep......but I tossed and turned until I thought "I might as well get up", just before 7am.......I thought it would be nice to have some time to myself ........well, I hadn't even gotten my coffee and gotten set up when ........here comes Sidney. She has gone to bed late the past couple of nights too, but isn't really sleeping in any later in the morning...........then not even 15 minutes later I hear the boys.........I thought that they would sleep until at least like 9am or something! Sheeesh! So, very little sleep......no Mommy time.......and three sleep deprived kids. Today is NOT going to be fun!........I'm trying to decide if I should even try to make it to the park day with the MOMS Club........if it would be a nice distraction...............or a complete disaster area!............Either way, I somehow need to get moving!!!!

No comments: