Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Camping We Will Go

Ok, so I'm messing myself up even more here......I haven't caught up yet, but am going out of order again and posting a recent camping trip we took with our church........Ok....so it wasn't like real camping, in a tent......but packing up everything for three small kids and being away from home is always an adventure!

I was a little worried at first......there were thunderstorms predicted all weekend.......and this was our drive up there.................a drive that should've taken us 2.5 hours took 4 hours.

We were in a "cabin" of sorts......a room with three sets of bunk beds....with a shared bathroom.....the kids were checking out the room and playing on the different beds....the first night was a killer...........Carter was up 4 or 5 times and I don't think I really slept at all!

Sidney was hiding in Daddy's sleeping bag and playing with Cameron

Day 2.....we woke up to sunshine! YEAH! We stayed with the kids for Sunday school, as they are all so young..........they went on a hike around the camp and collected pages to make a book with sayings from the bible in it.

the boys and their cars....

after Sunday school the kids all went to play up on the hill again


I thought it was so cute.....Carter came up behind me and gave me a hug


Sidney loves to grab the camera still and take pictures...............Daddy is trying to take a cat nap after a rough night and a busy day.


we went down to the "creek" before the group, as they were going fairly late in the afternoon and we wanted to "try" and get the boys to nap.........that didn't happen....but we survived!


Roman and Cameron having a seat by the creek



Sidney and Daddy ventured a little farther down the stream, while I stayed and hung out with the boys....Carter was having a blast just throwing rocks in the stream! The kids really liked it here.......we had to drag them back to the camp site!


Sidney with the camera again.....a self portrait


Sidney just LOVES finding sticks......she always has!
ok......so stripes and hearts.......not the best "outfit".....but it was nicer out than I thought, so we had to kind of wing it with finding an outfit for the warmer weather! There was a playground up there too....the kids LOVED going down this slide.....and UP!


walking the "balance beam" with Daddy (Cameron)

2 comments:

stacey224 said...

It looks like you gys had a lot of fun. Where did you go? That pic of you and Carter is really cute.

Julie & kids said...

It's called Whispering Pines in Prescott. The church does a retreat there twice a year. It was fun, but I think we'll wait until the kids get a little older before we try again.