Thursday, August 12, 2010

On Overload

Sigh.......I have been thinking about working on the blog every day.......there just never seems to be enough time. I still feel like I'm trying to catch up from being on vacation.You would think with Sidney in school all day I could possibly get more done, but the boys seem to be fighting constantly these days.....and I really want to work harder on potty training them, but then I can't get anything else done. It seems I have to go pick Sidney up from school right in the middle of getting things done. When I try to go out I can only go to one or two places with the boys unless I get up at 5:30am so that I can get ready, and wake the kids up around 6:45-7am so that I can get everyone ready and do errands after I drop S off at school......but only a few stores are open at 8am. It's a struggle between doing things at home that I need to do and doing errands. On a lighter note, I did go through a bunch of the kids clothes and took them to the consignment store.....then took some clothes to Goodwill.....so at least some of the clutter is gone : )
To make matters worse, I got a new computer......my old one was in the shop AGAIN and runs SO slow and the hard drive is almost completely full, and the battery doesn't retain a charge at all. While having a new computer is nice, there is A LOT of set up that needs to be done : ( I had the tech guy set some things up, and I watched him move my e-mail contacts somewhere (cuz they are NOT in my e-mail program).....then, Best Buy did NOT back up my pictures that are in Memory Manager AGAIN! Luckily, I had them on a flash drive.....but when I reimported them into MM it duplicated A LOT of them that were in multiple folders......and it seems to me that none of my edits were retained......and anyone that knows me and my pictures knows that I am a little OCD on editing them......so now I have like 12,000 pictures to go through......and in my mind I need to go through those first and get them all straighted out before I work on new pictures, as to not mess my self up. I haven't even printed pictures in 8 months and still have half a box of pictures to find the date for and file.......SIGH......I would LOVE to have hours to work on it,and the blog, but I just don't have the time.....I wonder how I kept up with it before?????........I can't even keep up with dishes and laundry (and housework) as usual. Plus, I have to go back to work Full-time to retain my RN license, so forget about having any time to myself once the boys start preschool. And added to that, I most likely will have to pull the boys out of school at our church, since it's only 2.5 hours, 2 days a week and you have to work hours in the class room. With no way to get them to childcare afterwards and working full time I just don't see how to work it. It doesn't help that the boys STILL are not potty trained. I am just dreading telling the program director.......but I know I need to.
Ok, got to go.......lots to do!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might I suggest you save your picture in folders corsponding to year and then month, have someone show you the folder they are stored in and back them up every month. Easy to do if you buy a large 1TB USB Hard Drive. Hook it up, on the USB Hard Drive, just make a folder for each year and then one for each month for backups.

After 6 months it would be safe to go back and deleted the first 3 months and continue the pattern every month there after.

It works great, I have millions of pictures and every month save all the pictures I have taken for the past 10 years.

I think at the end of this year I am going to buy two drives that can hold a copy each of the pictures and put one in my safety deposit box in the bank and keep one with me.

BTW: I miss the updates

Jill

Julie & kids said...

Jill, the problem with the pics is that they are not directly on my hard drive.....they are within a program, so they can never find them, even though I starred it and highlighted it and said that there were 9000+ pics not located in "my pictures" Last year I took it back, as I wasn't sure if I was going to get my hard drive back when I had my computer worked on somewhere else. They didn't back up Quicken again too! I'm not too impressed with Best Buys Geek Squad, I'll tell you that much. I just didn't have the time, or the energy to take it back yet again and then have to give up both of my computers for them to do it AGAIN!! Plus, when they back up your stuff it's like an all or nothing thing. I did get a new external hard drive too, as ours crashed and I'm backing up to a flash drive for my pics and videos. I need to do it to disk too, but the program is REALLY off on which pics need to be backed up....I already have 17+ discs and don't want to have to back them ALL up all over again. I'm still getting error messages about the antivirus, which is supposed to be a 2 year subscription. I just don't have the time, and that much technical knowledge to deal with it right now.....right now I'm even having a hard time keeping up with e-mail. SIGH.
Oh, BTW - on the potty training thing.....I stopped buying pull-ups and then she used her brother's that I had gotten when we tried to train them back in May, once those were gone she absolutely refused to wear her brother's diapers and wants HER night diaper. I've had some hysterical, screaming meltdowns with her trying to get her to go on the potty. Now she will just hold it ALL day and go when she gets her night diaper. Still no luck with the boys....I need to stay home and do nothing else but take them to the bathroom every hour I guess.....NOT looking forward to that!

Julie & kids said...
This comment has been removed by the author.