Cameron discovered the pop-its and he LOVED them! You had to set some aside so that the other kids got to throw some down too.
The guys.....for some reason I didn't get a picture with my camera of the girls. (My Dad and my bro are on the left of the picture......it was his friend, Tracy's house.....on the right, in the grey. Such great hosts!)My brother brought a TON of sparklers, so the kids got several turns twirling them around.
We weren't near a public fireworks display, but we had our own little show. One of them shot out too soon or something......I was inside changing one of the boys, but saw the lights........they went shooting towards the people sitting and watching. My niece and Sidney were sitting in front and both got burnt on their leg, right through their jeans. Sidney cried for quite awhile.......I'm sure it hurt and it scared her pretty bad too. She still has a scar on her leg.
I had to keep telling my brother to let the kids know when he was going to light one off and to say "Loud Noise." After awhile I think they got used to the noises.
Sidney and her cousin, Alyssa, with the sparklers......I think this was the first time my kids got to use any......we haven't really gone to any fireworks displays since they've been born. I kept having to tell Sidney to move her arm and draw pictures in the air.
I forget this guy's name, but he was really friendly and was playing with the boys and kept saying "my mimi (aka: burp cloth.) Carter was just loving in and cracking up.
Cameron was cold and kind of scared I think, so he was hanging out with his cousin, Mattea, and watching a movie while she played a game.
The guy that was playing with them picked up my camera and took this of Carter and me.....all smiles whenever I see any of my babies!!! It was a fun day, but we got back to my Dad's REALLY late! The kids crashed almost as soon as we got on the road. Thank goodness they can sleep in those awkward positions in their carseats!!

No comments:
Post a Comment