The good news is: My Dad has the same brand of camera as I have, so I can take my memory card out and put it in his camera and continue to take pictures of our trip............The bad news is: I can't get the screen on my laptop to come on at all now.............so I don't have a way of getting the pictures on there and posting them. UGH! I am already like 6 months and 500+ pictures behind on the blog, and now it will be even worse. I like to post quite a bit of our life, as most of our family is out of town......but now I will have to be VERY selective as to what I put on here. (If and when I get my computer back.) Life just seems so crazy these days, and with me going back to work there will be even less time to work on the blog. Plus, now Sidney wants to play on Play House Disney all the time and the boys are CONSTANTLY asking to watch Monster Trucks on the computer......so even getting time on a computer is a hard thing to come by. It's so cute to watch the boys sit at the desk and use the computer. So grown up.......the boys know how to use the mouse and everything. Technology : )
We've been enjoying the sunshine this week, although it was down right cold on the 4th. We've been hanging out, playing at Grandpa's a lot this trip, as the kids seem to be having fun and don't really cooperate too well with getting ready to go places. I've been helping my Dad weed his insane amount of flowerbeds, while the kids run through the sprinkler and ride their plasma cars until the last bit of light falls below the horizon. It stays light pretty late here, so the kids schedules are all off. We only have a few days when we get home before school starts for Sidney and we will have to drastically change our schedule. (Getting up A LOT earlier!)
I don't think I mentioned it earlier, but Sidney got her ears pierced! We were at the mall and she decided she wanted it done. She did great! No tears, and they are healing nicely.........except, last night, when I was changing her clothes to put on her jammies I pulled her shirt off over her head, forgetting about her earrings, and her shirt got caught on one and pulled it out. I tried to get it back in, but couldn't : ( So we will go back today and see if they can repierce it.
In other news with the boys, they have each gone poopy on the potty once! They are still not telling me before they have to go, and I'm getting kind of nervous about preschool, as they have to be potty trained. We'll have to try the underwear thing again when we get home, but our house is on the market, so I want to keep the carpets clean, and it's SO hot out.......I guess they can play in the pool, but that will kind of defeat the purpose of the underwear thing. Boy, all three of my kids have been a challenge to potty train!
Ok, Sidney wants to use the computer before her brothers wake up : )
4 comments:
It sounds like your laptop's monitor wire got disconnected when it fell. If you knew anyone that knows how to take apartment laptops you might want them to look at it and connect the cord back. If the HD or something else broke your monitor would not have ever come on again.
BTW, this is Jillpp - I had commented a couple months back on your blog about Sidney in pullups, but my account got disconnected and I could not post again.
How did my suggestion with the diapers work for Sidney? Did it work with her or is she still wearing pullups?
My daughter did good for a while. One day I got frustrated with her and had her wear the diaper the whole day and the next. The day after she wanted nothing to do with diapers or pullups and started going on the potty. But recently she has started pooping in her pants again, I had to buy diapers for her again a few days ago.
Jill
Jill - I stopped buying pullups for Sidney, but had bought some for her brothers when we were potty training them, so she would pull those out and use them. If the only option is a diaper she will just hold it all day until she gets her night diaper on. Because we are away from home right now I am just letting her use the night diapers to go. I tell her every time that she will be in school all day in a couple of weeks and needs to go on the potty. She can literally hold it ALL day.....both urine and #2. I have to force to go to the bathroom, otherwise she will only go like twice a day.
That's good to know about the laptop. A friend of mine's husband knows a lot about computers, but he is crazy busy, so I might just have to take it in. We have an extended warranty on it ( me and electronics do not get along), so I should be able to get it fixed. But that's a relief that I won't have to try and back EVERYTHING up before I take it in. I actually did get it to come on again a couple of times, but I have to really play with it and it usually has to be almost flat, which makes it difficult to see. I try to prop it up if I need to use it.
Yep I would bet almost 100% it is the cord inside that connects your monitor to your motherboard.
As far as the night time goes, I do not think my daughter has ever had a single dry night. Although my 6 year old son still wears a pull up every night time and we are done with naps with him, but he was wearing them for nap time as well. He rarely wakes up dry in the morning.
With my daughter a copule months back when we ran out of pullups, I made a promise that I would not buy anymore pullups for her and she would be stuck having to wear baby diapers until she physically out grows them. Although I was putting her in a pullup overnight, now since we are back to the diapers for poop she is wearing diapers at night and nap.
If you put your daughter in a diaper overnight she will use it? But she will not use the diaper during the day and just hold it? What if you give her a ton of liqudes to drink?
With my daughter I was putting a little bit of fiber in her food and giving her a ton of juice to make it so she had to go. But for us it only resulted in her messing her pants or me giving into letting her wear a pull up.
Yes, my daughter will use the night-time pull up to go poopy if she has not had one during the day. She also does not wake up dry. I may try some miralax or something when we get back.....but she doesn't even usually want to try to sit on the toilet when she has to go #2. I try to push fluids with her, but she doesn't want to drink that much. It's not usually a problem with constipation, unless she doesn't get a pull-up and then it will turn into that.
Post a Comment