Friday, July 16, 2010

A Beautiful Park

Well, my screen won't come on again........but I had uploaded these the other day......after the suggestion from a friend, we took the kids to Whatcom Falls Park. I think we went there last year, but on the upper level (there are two levels.....then the trails back by the falls.) It was SO beautiful there, I wondered why we hadn't gone here more often?

Sidney had been asking and asking to go to a park with swings.

Squirrels! We have seen lots of wildlife here.....squirrels, cottontail bunnies & deer.

It's SO beautiful back there.....I used to go walking on the trails with my Step-Mom when I would come home to visit when I lived on Maui.


The kids just loved it, and couldn't wait to get up close to the water!

We used to go here when I was like 19 and jump off the falls......maybe not such a bright idea, huh?


I LOVE this picture : )

The kids wanted to get right up next to the water and touch it.....we finally found a spot where it looked pretty safe.


Throwing rocks with Daddy

It was so cool, we saw an owl sleeping in a tree!

Sidney was fascinated by the big maple leaves.

"Look how big this tree is Mommy!"

I don't think you truly appreciate how beautiful it is there when you are walking over this bridge....you are usually just looking at the water.

More falls......they are so beautiful you don't really need words : )

We lucked out and it was a beautiful sunny day!

I love this one......the kids loved looking at the falls.

"Cheese"

There is a little fish hatchery there too, which we were going to take the kids too, but we spent so much time back on the trail by the water. My Step-Dad used to take us to the pond there too when they would have kids fishing derbies. The upper level has a soccer field, tennis courts and another kiddie playground. Such a great park!

No comments: