Saturday, November 22, 2008

Last Visit with Daisy Before She Comes Home

Well, our last trip to visit Daisy started out with a bang...........literally...........there was only one other family there when we got there, so when we came inside the gate we were swarmed by puppies. The boys got scared and wanted wanted me to pick them up. When I picked up Cameron (he was the second one I picked up), he lost his pacifier. I tried to hover my foot over it so the puppies wouldn't get it and asked Sidney to come pick it up............well, I was kind of losing my balance holding 50+ extra pounds and Cameron was throwing his body forward and I was trying to put my foot back down, but there were puppies everywhere and I didn't want to step on them. I felt them everywhere I tried to put my foot. They were jumping up on my legs and I lost my balance. I fell backwards with both boys in my arms and prayed that I didn't land on any puppies. (I don't think I did!) Then my next thought was "oh please say I avoided any nice little piles of poop the puppies might have left lying around"............I think I managed to escape that fate too, but the puppies started jumping on us and Cameron crawled on top of me and was sitting on my stomach. I just kept pushing the puppies off of the boys and was literally stuck. V finally noticed I was in trouble and offered help, but somehow I managed to push the last puppy off, get Cameron off of me, let go of Carter momentarily..........while V distracted the dogs. She grabbed one of the boys and we put them on the chair together so that the puppies couldn't jump on them.........then during our visit I was talking to Roman about what we were going to do for dinner and one of the other gals there said my baby was in trouble...........at first I thought she meant Daisy.............I was looking around and saw Carter being jumped on by about 4 or 5 puppies. They don't mean to hurt him, but they jump up and scare him and scratch the back of his neck, so I had to literally throw the phone down and go rescue him!


Here's Sidney looking for her next victim......the puppies were kind of following the Mommy dogs around that day and the Mommy dogs were playing kind of rough with them.

She found one!

they all just love to run around and play with each other

The boys were being left alone .....for the moment and decided to play ball


our little girl is getting so big!


she loves her chew toys.....we've stocked up for her!


I finally got her to look at me.


Sidney says "Can we take her home today Mommy?"


here's a bunch of them wrestling with each other


more wrestling...................and Sidney is petting Bear in the background.......he was really mellow that day.


Here's Daisy playing again................she was playing with Max a lot that day.........Daddy still says that we can't have Max too!

No comments: