Sunday, September 19, 2010

Me & Electronics

Sigh......it's happened again! Yet another example of how electronics & I do NOT get along. My new computer (only a couple of months old) is down......I called and the tech support guy on the phone and he seemed to think it was something with the operating system, that I didn't need a new mother or.....something else......I can't remember.......I thought, Ok, my data is safe! : )
Nope, I get the call today........it's a bad hard drive.......my heart sinks to it's lowest depths. While I have the the pics & video backed up on a flash drive, and the most recent still in the cameras, it took a lot of work to go through and delete bad pictures and edit (you all know how addicted I am to editing my pictures) from our trip to Cali, among other things. Just putting me even farther behind with my pictures.......then I will have to reload from my flash drive again I think and try and go through all the duplicates & like I said before, re-edit the pics......I do have a new remote hard drive, and I'm hoping I can get the info back from that. Needless to say, I'm going to need someone to come back out to my house to set everything up again.......and it takes so dang long to get everything set up the way you like it. I really hate getting a new computer! I just want to turn it on, have it work and have my stuff there! Really, is that too much to ask for? Grrrrrr!!!!!

Other than that, we have been incredibly busy lately. You would think with the boys in preschool a couple of days a week that I might actually have a little extra time to myself......so far that has not proven to be the case. Sigh.........
The boys have been going more on the potty lately, but only if we forcibly make them go. They still don't tell us ahead of time that they have to go (well, Cameron did once!) I am getting so frustrated and tired of the whole potty training thing...........and my husband goes about it the wrong way, putting them down for going in their diaper, or punishing them.

I'm sure there's more to tell......I just can't think of anything at the moment. I'm still trying to find the time to load more "popular" songs on to Sidney's MP3 player (so she stops taking mine!)

So again, I think about how much I would like to work on my pictures daily.......it's just life getting in the way. I can go back and post from where I left off (around February I think), if I get the time.......I will try to work on that! I need like a weeks vacation to myself to just work on editing, organizing, labling and blogging my pics! Aaaahhhhh, I can dream, right????

No comments: