Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Poor Kiddo

Well, we have our first broken bone..........I can't hardly believe it........ we had just gotten home from the store and I was unloading the car.......Sidney rode her bike to the playground right by our house......it was kind of chaotic....the boys wanted to ride their plasma cars, but they didn't have their junky shoes on (the plasma cars DESTROY their shoes......the inside toe is completely gone, so I try to reserve just one pair of shoes to get trashed).....I was trying to unload the car, wrangle the boys inside to change their shoes amongst the screaming and fit throwing when Sidney came crying back to the house.........crying harder than usual, and for longer than usual. I finally got them all inside and she sat in her little chair kind of leaning to the side with her arm resting on her side......she wouldn't move it, or let me touch it or even look at it. I gave her an ice pack and some Motrin and watched her for awhile.......I just had a feeling that it needed to be looked at.........Roman got home soon after and I had him try and talk to her and get her to move it.....I asked her several times if I should take her to the Dr and she kept adamantly saying "NO"......but I wasn't ok without getting it checked out...............it's a good thing I trusted my instincts.........my stomach was just turning and I was trembling......wanting to cry until someone would tell me she was ok..................I thought after she moved it more at the Dr's and they took the x-rays that maybe I was wrong......and she was ok...............I was surprised when the Dr. said it was broken. They couldn't really see the break on the x-rays, but could tell it was broken because the bones were misaligned. She has kind of a half-cast with an ace bandage now and a sling.......I have to call the pediatric orthopedist tomorrow........so, no gymnastics or cheer for awhile, but she will be going to school tomorrow......it's the art fair and I'm in her class (and she's staying for lunch.........AND Grandma is picking her up! She hasn't in awhile and Sidney's really been asking a lot lately........cuz Grandma = ICE CREAM!!!!)

If she's not moving it she's doing pretty good, it's just when I try to put the blanket underneath it to support it and keep it at a 90 degree angle that bothers her.......I'm guessing I should be going to bed now, I have a feeling it's not going to be a very restful night.

No comments: