Saturday, August 20, 2011

Returning from WA

So this is a little out of order.......I forgot to take the adaptor chip for the memory card from my phone and finally got these pics uploaded.


This is the Haboob......the second HUGE sandstorm that we had gotten this year (I don't recall ever having them before in the past 8+ years we have lived in AZ, and now this summer we've had 3!) We were just arriving into town when we saw this.......we were getting kind of concerned. They recommend pulling over, turning off your lights and waiting it out. We were SO close to home and just wanted to get there.....and get out of the car! Luckily we turned onto another highway, going away from it and only caught the very outskirts of it. My sister was waiting for us with dinner ready when we got back. When we got home everything in our backyard was covered in dust!.....Maybe that's what happened to our blow-up pool that I couldn't find? It got blown away.

No comments: